Giovanni Alberti, brother of Cherubino Alberti, and third son of Alberto, was born at Borgo S. Sepolcro, in 1558. He visited Rome in the time of Gregory XIII, and was employed by that pontiff in the papal palace on Monte Cavallo, and in the Vatican. He excelled in painting landscapes and perspective, in which the figures were usually painted by Cherubino. He was also employed by Clement VIII, to paint the sacristy of St. John of Lateran, and, in conjunction with his brothers, to decorate the Sala Clementina in the Vatican. For this work, which was commenced in 1595 and completed in 1598, the two painters (Alessandro had died during the course of execution) received 3050 scudi. Giovanni Alberti also laboured in his native town, in Mantua, Perugia, Florence, and elsewhere. He died at Rome in 1601. His portrait is placed in the academy of St Luke, and another in the Uffizi at Florence.